When people see the celebrities they idolize, they are mostly up for the latest changes when it comes to the way they dress and the way they style their hair. Celebrities are not just television icons, but they serve as fashion and hairstyle trendsetters. Hence, permanent hair straightening has become a significant part of fashion.
Most people nowadays are into the straight hair trend that’s why more and more people are going to salons for a permanent hair straightening session. Having your hair permanently straightened has its benefits and setbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of having curly hair permanently straightened:
• Permanent hair straightening may be a quite lasting solution in taming frizzy hair
• It gives the hair a straight, silky, and smooth look and having a smooth and silky hair will definitely make a person more attractive.
• When keratin (a type of protein that are naturally occurring in the cells) is applied to the hair as part of the procedure, makes the hair straightening procedure more effective and it promotes hair health.
• Depending on what type of permanent hair straightening product is applied to the hair, the effects could last from 6 to 12 months.
• Some of the latest hair straightening products are developed so it will be safer to use without doing much damage to the hair and scalp.
• When the hair undergoes permanent hair straitening treatments, the hair loses its volume.
• Because of the tugging and exposure to the heat and chemicals, hair fall may result and ultimately cause the hair to become thin.
• During the first two months after the hair straightening treatment, it would look as if you are wearing a wig.
• One of the frequent problems that people who have their hair straightened is that it has a very high maintenance cost because you have to wash the hair with special hair straightening shampoo.
• Permanent hair straightening treatments are generally expensive.
• Because of the exposure to heat and chemicals you will most definitely have some hair and scalp problems like dryness, split ends, and brittle hair.
• When the procedure is done and you didn’t like how your hair looked, then you have to bear with it for a couple of months until you have grown your natural hair because the result is irreversible.
• Having you hair straightened takes more or less 6 hours. The person has to undergo a series of permanent hair straightening product application, washing, drying, and ironing repeatedly until the entire process is completed.
• Not all people can undergo hair straightening procedures because some chemical components in the hair straightening products may bring about allergic or anaphylactic reaction so they really need to be tested beforehand.
• In extreme cases, the hair and scalp may be burned by the chemical when exposed to the chemical for a long period of time.
It takes quite a lot to become to exude beauty, but we always have to look at all the benefits and downfalls to protect ourselves from the harmful effects of the treatment.